Commercial Project Manager
Cumar Inc., is New England’s preeminent source and fabricator of the finest marble, granite, quartzite, and exotic stone. Working with the region’s most noted design professionals and prestigious developers, our team is committed to excellence as we execute the most intricate and demanding design solutions for your kitchen bath or Commercial projects.
Cumar Inc., is growing. Join our Award-winning team today!
An exciting opportunity for the Commercial Project Manager has opened in our fast-paced project team. Reporting to the Senior Commercial Project Manager, you will coordinate people and processes to ensure that our projects are delivered on time and produce the desired results.
The Project Manager Commercial will provide scheduling, coordination, production, and support for all assigned projects. The Commercial Project Manager will interact heavily with the Field Operations teams, Foremen, General Contractor Representatives and Customer Representatives regarding work in progress, productivity, change orders, scheduling and staffing, equipment and material needs, problem identification, resolution, pricing, and provide a World Class Customer Experience to every client.
You are a pro-active team player, an excellent communicator and comfortable managing multiple tasks.
- Guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Ensure Projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Ensure project production accuracy. Manage project costs.
- Coordinate with outside contractors to accommodate project target dates, ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Time Management. Develop detailed project plan to track progress, identify milestones and ensure results.
- Communicate with contractors effectively.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques.
- Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure. Take initiative.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 + years of related experience or 5+ years industry experience
- Professional Trade Related Training
- Proven track record of success in Project Management / Oversight experience
- Experience working with Architects, Designers and General Contractors of all sizes.
- Field experience with construction. Experience reading blueprints and plans.
- Understanding of Building Construction process and methods.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required.
- Knowledge of CAD drawing software Procore or equivalent planning software is a plus.
- MUST have license and ability to commute to Jobsite (mileage compensation provided)
- Bi-Lingual a plus (though not mandatory)
Physical requirements and work condition may include but are not limited to:
- On-site construction operations
- Driving, walking, bending, squatting, reaching, and stretching
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Activities can occur indoors and, in all weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually Moderate.
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move more than 10 pounds.
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Cumar Inc., is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer